I’m not an early adopter, so it took me until Chinese New Year to get fully into 2017. Maybe I didn’t believe it was real because I watched Pitbull’s Rockin’ New Year’s Eve which is not how someone my age should close a meh year like 2016. Now that the Year of the Rooster started, I revisited failures and accomplishments of 2016 and goals ahead.
Failures of 2016: 2016 had a few letdowns but in good ways. Or at least I’ll spin them that way.
*Looks like my goal of blogging last year didn’t stay on track. That just means this year I’ll blow everyone’s expectations by ACTUALLY blogging! Win for me this year.
*After March 2016, I dropped my pyramid scheme, Zestive. Turns out, I’m not much of a pusher or a buyer in bulk, which disappoints a good pyramid scheme boss. But I do love a good boozy slushy which is what the pyramid scheme was based around so no regrets there!
*I started my book but did not finish it. Starting is half the battle, right? Also, National Write a Novel Month is in November. That’s when I have to travel for Thanksgiving and start making presents for Christmas. Not great for writing. Why not use March? March is a completely useless month. I can write through St. Paddy’s Day and be the better for it.
Wins for 2016
*Developed a morning routine where I got up at 5am consistently even on weekends and got writing and other fun things done before the toddler started making his demands. I was able to write 3 pages almost every morning I attempted. Now, I just have to be more productive with my writing.
*Got to Level 100 in Habitica with my team (see my post, http://unconventionalmuse.com/level-up-your-life/) . I crushed many habits I had been trying to do as an adult, like floss. Resulted in 6 months of every day flossing and a sticker from my dentist. Suck it, 2016.
*Had awesome zombie apocalypse party for my birthday. Feel better prepared and have chosen a team based on people’s performance at the party.
*Did not kill or maim anyone. Solid win.
Here’s my annual list of things I want to get done. Last year I got half my list done (see post here) then rolled over some things I still wanted to do.
2017 LIST OF AWESOME GOALS
1) Once a week, try a new hairstyle (update have mastered the sidebraid, Hunger Games style)
2) Declutter every room in the house
3) Have a baby (4 months in, still have a parasite)
4) Have a unique sprinkle for baby (because I love theme parties – I’m thinking knocked up prom)
5) Make soaps in fun molds (looking at you Darth Vader head)
6) Write something creative every day – hello future blog posts
7) Do my own National Write a Novel Month on a lazy month (March, you useless appendix of a month)
8) Start an etsy store/amazon handmade
9) Update and maintain my blog weekly
10) Make a will
11) Finish “Your Tax Dollars at Work”
12) Finish my online classes
13) Make a funny recipe book
14) Draw a comic
15) Make a painting
16) Make a gingerbread brothel house
17) Begin crafternoons again
18) Write a letter to Johnny for him to open later
19) Post 50 comments on blogs
20) Get business cards and a logo for Unconventional Muse
21) Do coupons at stores for a week
22) Do a 52 week craft challenge ( I smell blog posts!)
23) Do a self portrait
24) Have a pregnancy happy hour
25) Create a newsletter at work
26) Doodle something daily
27) Write and illustrate a children’s book
28) Clean 10 things I’ve never cleaned before
29) Go through an attic box once a month
30) Make a container planter
31) Make something with an old lightbulb
32) Finish creative workbook
33) Feed the birds again
34) Use 5 fabrics from my stash in a project
35) Play Sims again
36) Find 3 new podcasts I like and catch up on old ones
37) Make an old toy wreath
38) Use all my fitness equipment or get rid of it
39) Improve my time management
40) Get to pre baby weight again by the end of 2017
Stay tuned for an awesome 2017!